Traffic and Transportation Committee
The Traffic and Transportation committee works with the council office, the police, and the DOT to evaluate traffic impact and traffic safety issues.
Email: [email protected]
| *Laurie Kelson (Chair)
|| Laure Stevens
| *Jess Whitehill
|| Margie Grossman
| *Glenn Bailey
|| Chuck Hand
|| Victoria Jarvis
|| Diane Rosen
|| Ryan Levy
||*= ENC Board Member/Alternate
Alternate Committee Members:
Encino Neighborhood Council Traffic/Transportation Wishlist:
- Mulholland Dr. repaving between just west of the I-405 Bridge and Mulholland Place. DONE
- A road diet for Louise Ave between Burbank Blvd and Oxnard St. A bike lane should be part of this plan.
- Signal timing in the area of Hayvenhurst Ave between Burbank Blvd/ the 101 West off-ramp at Hayvenhurst and Magnolia Blvd. The 3-6PM timing should be the same as the rest of the day. Somehow, the Burbank Blvd traffic turning S onto Hayvenhurst Ave. misses the light at Corn Stand/101 West off-ramp and then again at Magnolia.
- Shabbat setting is needed for the Hayvenhurst Ave pedestrian light at Ventura Blvd. The Orthodox community walks to the Chabad on Hayvenhurst Ave from Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday and are not allowed to push the pedestrian button. DONE
- Parking meter timing: The signs should be changed back to 8 AM to 6 PM. On Paso Robles and Genesta North of Ventura Blvd next to the Encino Park and Encino Women's Club.
- Crosswalk lights on Balboa Blvd @ Addison by the Fire Station. This is close to Encino Charter Elementary School and is needed for safety.
- No Left Turn 7:30 to 9 AM M-F on Bajio Rd Southbound at Adlon/ Hayvenhurst. There is a serious safety issue.
- Left-hand turn arrow fading to green on White Oak (S) to Burbank Blvd (E).
- Move the LADOT Commuter Express Bus Stop to Magnolia immediately West of Hayvenhurst Ave. or to the Park and Ride lot. The current location on Hayvenhurst Ave north of Magnolia West side of the street causes back up on Hayvenhurst.
- Lefthand-turn arrow fading to green on Petit (N) to Ventura Blvd (W). A huge backup on Petit blocking the driveway of Jerry's Deli and the Bank of America. Ventura/Cahuenga Planning Review Board working on this item.
- Lefthand-turn arrow fading to green on Ventura Blvd (W) to Hayvenhurst Ave (S). This would complete this intersection.
- No U-turn at Rubio and Ventura Blvd. signs. There are many near misses with cars and pedestrians. DENIED
- No U-turn at Petit and Ventura Blvd. signs. There are many near misses with cars and pedestrians. DENIED
- Signal timing on Sepulveda Blvd at Valley Meadow Rd. The signal on Sepulveda Blvd seems to work like a stop sign some of the time for traffic calming. The signal for Sepulveda Blvd will turn red and no one is on Valley Meadow Rd. This has been happening for years. TRAFFIC CALMING
- Signal timing on Mulholland Dr at Casiano Rd. (by the American Jewish University and Stephen S Wise Temple). Mulholland Dr. motorists have to wait a long time after the Casiano Rd traffic has cleared during the PM peak hours. The loops in the street should be checked and/or the signal timing adjusted.
- The LADOT limit lane closures for construction and repairs on Ventura Blvd in Encino from 7 AM to 6 PM weekdays except for emergencies.
- SCAG 2016 still lists the Sepulveda Blvd Tunnel LA996425 as a possible project. The Encino Neighborhood Council has voted twice 4/25/2012 and 1/31/2016 against this project. The motion reads: The ENC does not support a reverse lane in the Sepulveda Blvd Tunnel under Mulholland Dr. The new Northbound lane on Sepulveda Blvd from the S 405 Skirball exit to the Skirball Bridge has reduced the PM congestion significantly on Sepulveda Blvd. This item should be discarded and the money used for other projects.
Project Information: http://www.metro.net/projects/east-sfv/
I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements
Project Information: http://www.metro.net/projects_studies/I405/images/I-405_Mul_Dr_Bridge_Relocation_Fact_Sheet.pdf
Daily Updates and Closures: http://www.metro.net/projects/I-405/daily-updates/
Follow the project on Twitter:twitter.com/I_405 & Facebook: facebook.com/405project
Express Lanes open on the 110 FWY
Meetings (Agendas, Minutes, Documents)
→ View Calendar
If you would like to be notified of our meetings and receive agendas via email, click here to sign up for each of the committees you’re interested in - as well as the General Updates list.